I learned about acupuncture during a health crisis while in my thirties. I could not find relief with western modalities. After my third acupuncture appointment, I began to sleep, have more energy and feel better emotionally. I then became fully interested in acupuncture, health, nutrition and natural modalities. From here, acupuncture not only eliminated my symptoms, but promoted a stronger sense of self, empowerment, and overall wellness and vitality. I became so impassioned about what I had experienced, I was committed to learning this form of healing so I could offer this beautiful life changing opportunity to others.
Prior to becoming an acupuncturist, I have been and continue to be a licensed Occupational Therapist. I have worked in this field for over 28 years. This career choice allowed me to work with others one on one. The job has provided me the opportunity to assist people in their recovery following surgery, neurological trauma, deconditioning or other health issues. My role as an acupuncturist allows me to use my prior level of experience and take it to a deeper and often more transformational level for my clients.
My History and Qualifications
- National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM), Diplomat in Acupuncture
- Colorado Licensed Acupuncturist
- Masters in Classical Five Element Acupuncture, Institute of Taoist Education and Acupuncture, Louisville, CO
- Training in moxibustion, Zero Balancing technique, dietary and lifestyle changes
- National Board Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. (NBCOT), Occupational Therapist Registered OTR
- Colorado Licensed Occupational Therapist
- Bachelor of Science Occupational Therapy, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI